Thursday, April 21, 2011

11 Months!

Once again another month has flown by. I can't believe in four short weeks you will be a ONE YEAR OLD! Wow.




You are on the move BIG TIME this month. Remember how last month I said I bet you would never crawl and you'd go straight to walking from your army crawl? I was wrong. You are crawling so fast now I can barely turn around and you're gone.


You (and Grace) love looking out the front window. You crawl over to the gate, pull yourself up on it and shimmy over to the window. It's almost as if that window was put there especially for the two of you. You're starting to really like Grace and she is especially loving you because you can give her food.  

The other day I told you not to feed her your puffs. I put Grace on the other side of the gate so she couldn't grab the puffs from you. You looked at me, got down into the crawling position, crawled your little tush over to the gate and handed her a puff through the gate. I couldn't help but laugh.

You really enjoy being outside now too. It's been really warm here in Texas so we've been lucky and have been outside a lot this month.





A big move this month was the move from your "infant" car seat to your big boy car seat. you are still sitting backwards but you have a lot more room than you did before. I think it was harder for Mommy than you to be honest.




You've  started climbing the stairs this month and you make sure that your Daddy and I let you climb them EVERY time we take you upstairs. It's a slow process but you're getting better at it each day. Now you just have to learn how to go down them.

You are a very active and determined little boy. It seems like if we show you something once you lock it in your brain and NEED to do it yourself from then on. You are super independent and like to do things On. Your. Own. I'm not sure if this is a good thing at this point in your life but it will be helpful later on I'm sure.



You hate it when we make you stop moving. You especially hate when we make you stop moving to change your diaper. I think if you had it your way you'd make Mommy and Daddy learn how to change your diaper while walking or crawling around the room (read: not going to happen). 


You're pulling up on everything now too - including our legs.




You are also a very talkative little boy. If you're not sleeping you're chatting, cooing, singing, screaming (happily) or laughing at something. You seem to be coming out of your shell more this month and being with other kids makes you very happy. The sitter says you like to watch the older kids and laugh at them all day.

You're an "eating machine" as your grandpa calls you and you're staring to wean yourself off bottles all on your own. It's not because you don't like the bottle, I think you dread the thought of having to sit still for that long to finish one. You have mastered your sippy cup and love when your Daddy lets you drink from his cup too.



This month your Daddy and I went on our first weekend away to Indianapolis and your Nana and Grandpa came in from Arizona to watch you. To be honest, I'm not sure who had more fun you or your Grandparents. I don't think you even realized we were gone until you picked us up from the airport!





You still take the paci when you're sleeping. Other than that you don't seem to be obsessed with any other toys or things, which is good.



A big change this month is the four top teeth that have finally made an appearance. Yes, that's right FOUR all at one time. Needless to say you've had some crabby moments this month due to irritation in your mouth. I also have to note that it looks like you inherited your Mama's big teeth. I promise you'll like them when you grow up but for now they are not your friends.


Your personality is really starting to shine little guy. You are a happy baby and are all smiles a majority of the time. We love you and love spending every minute we can with you!

1 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Llama said...

Happy 11 months sweet boy!!!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus