Wednesday, November 24, 2010

6 months!

To my little six month old ~ half a year! Wow.


It has been such a good month. First of all we tried all sorts of new solid foods and you pretty much have the same reaction to all of them...

You're not a big fan. We're still working on it. You love your bottles though and suck down 4 - 7oz, five times a day! I think the reason you're so hungry is because you are now on the move big time. You roll and army crawl on your belly all over the place. I started setting your toys out of reach at the beginning of the month to see if you could get over to where they were. That lasted a few days. You were crawling before I knew it and now if I turn around you're gone!
You also learned how to sit up this month and it's adorable! I thought it would take you a long time to figure it out but Mommy was wrong yet again. I practiced with you a few days and before I knew it you were Mr. Independent sitting up and playing on your own with no help from anyone.

You also have your sights set on Ms. Gracie. She likes to get just out of reach of you though and if you get too close she's out of there. You keep on trying and she keeps on teasing you. I'm guessing in a few short months you two will be the best of friends!

Unfortunately you were also sick for the first time this month. You had a really bad cold and cough and we had to get a nebulizer for you - which you HATED. It helped in the end and you were back to new within a few days.

This month was also your first Halloween. As you can see from below you went as a little hot dog. I know some day you'll be upset with me for dressing you like that, but I couldn't help myself.
You didn't wear the outfit for very long and instead chose to hang out with Nana and Grandpa who were in town to see you.
This month you also realized that you LOVE hanging out with your Daddy. You light up when he walks in the room and bounce up and down with a big smile on your face - like he's been away for months.

You love when he gives you your bath and squeal and kick with pure joy.

But you and I still have a good time together on a daily basis too. You still stay home with me every morning and go to the sitters on Monday, Wednesday and Friday afternoons. We also like to get in some play time with your baby friends a couple times a month. You love your baby friends. You watch them with such interest to learn new things they may be doing that you're not. It's very impressive how quickly you pick up on new things (and a bit scary too).

We took you to the doctor for your sixth month visit last week. You received some more shots and took them like a big boy. Crying just a little bit but were all smiles once your Daddy picked you up. You weighed in at 16 lbs. (24%), you are 26.25" long (45%) and your head is 17.25" (52%).

You are growing up so fast baby boy and make your Daddy and I laugh every single day. Your belly laugh is contagious and we look forward to hearing it every day. We love you!

1 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Anonymous said...

Dear Erhan,
I plan to come just as soon as possible so we can crawl our way to some cute chicks and take them out for a bottle.
I miss you and my mommy misses yours.
Your BFF
Landon

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus