Thursday, July 22, 2010

Keepin Austin Weird

Last weekend GK's Mom came into town for a visit and we thought that with some family in town we could leave town for a while. Logical right? So GK, Grandma K, Ethan, Grace and I all headed down to Austin, Texas for the night.

It was a great trip and we actually were able to see a lot and hear a lot of good music while we were down there. Austin is such a cute town, so so different than Dallas in my opinion. It actually reminded me of Nashville too with all the great music and the 6th street area.
E and Grace waiting patiently to leave (it took a LONG time to get out of the house but we finally left about an hour later than planned).
My view on the car ride down

So basically when a certain baby is hungry it's best if you feed him then and there, even if you're in the park in front of the state capital.


We had a great lunch at Moonshine Grill (again with the bottle in view. What can I say, the kid likes to eat).



Grandma K and E hanging out
This is baby E on vacation... yeah looks similar to what he does at home.


We stopped by the famous Driskill Hotel for a drink on our way out for the night. It's a very pretty old hotel that I'd like to stay in sometime (hint hint)


I had to take a picture with the LARGE longhorn behind me in the Driskill bar. I still can't get over how massive those animals are!


In the South Congress area there are a ton of shops and little food vendors on the side of the road...


We also made a quick stop at the University of Texas to take a look. Their stadium is pretty massive and we can't wait to go to a UT game there in the fall!
Like I said we heard a ton of good music and had a few drinks while we were there and it was super fun!

side note: If you're wondering, no we didn't bring an 8 week old to the bars. GK's mom was nice enough to hang out with the little guy at the hotel while GK and I toured the Austin nightlife.

5 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Angie said...

That first pic just proves Baby E is your son! What a little ham! And little momma Gracie is so dang cute! They just make me want to book a plane tickets :) And to see you and GK too lol

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

I just adore Austin. Your fun pics reminded me how much!

Valerie said...

He is so darn cute! And he looks so long in the car seat!

Shannon said...

Hey there! Your son is too freaking cute!! Thanks for stopping by the blog, I'm glad I have someone just enough ahead of me in motherhood to know what I'm in for.

Llama said...

WOW! What an amazing trip! The baby is getting so big! Love it!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus