Monday, July 12, 2010

2 Months Old!





Baby E is two months old today!

It's been a great month here in Texas and you baby Ethan are like a different baby from four weeks ago.

You smile at us constantly, especially on your changing table. It took your Daddy and me a long time to figure out why you liked your changing table so much, but we finally realized you just really enjoy being a naked baby. I think if we would let you hang out in only your diaper you'd be the happiest baby on earth. I of course can't let all the cute baby clothes go to waste. So I will be continuing to torture you with all the adorable outfits for the next three to four years until you can pick your own outfits out. Speaking of outfits you are now wearing 3 month clothing even though you are only 8 weeks old.



The big news this month is you've slept through the night multiple times now. Your first time was when you were six weeks old and you even did it two nights in a row last weekend! I swear you also grow an inch and gain a pound each time you do sleep through the night. I'm not sure your exact weight yet but we have your eight week doctors visit this week and we'll find out then.

Your lungs have also seemed to double in size in the last month based on how loud you are. Just the other day you decided you didn't really need to be at Macy's anymore and you let it be known. Even the sales lady made a comment and I do believe her exact words were "Wow, he's so tiny...but so loud!". Yup, that you are little guy and you get it from your Mama if anyone asks.

You still sleep every night in your swing but you're growing so fast that I don't think you'll fit in it much longer. We're trying to transition you to your Pack N Play slowly but you still are not a huge fan of it. It seems like you can fall asleep ANY other place but your Pack N Play too...

We did find a little trick to get you to sleep faster...

I'm pretty sure "wrap your baby's head in a blanket" is not listed in the baby books we read, but it works for you. We only do it at nap time when we can check on you all the time though. As far as napping goes, you still think you don't need them. I'm hoping this month you'll realize just how much you actually enjoy naps, but we'll see. Your Daddy hates naps too so you may be taking after him in that area.


You love spending time with your Daddy between your night feedings. He likes to play guitar for you...
and read to you...
and you just sit there and coo and look at him like there is nothing else in the room (including me), it's adorable.

You have also come to enjoy bath time, being outside and going for walks. During bath time you sit in your little chair in the tub and just stare and smile at your daddy and I. and we all love going for walks (especially Grace) and being outside. The warm air puts you to sleep within 30 seconds every time we go outside it seems like. You used to enjoy walking indoors too but as you can tell from the Macy's situation I wrote about above, you'd rather be outside.



It's been such a great month little man and we look forward to each and every day from now on!

2 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Angie said...

He has grown so much! Love the matching reading time outfits lol excellent start to setting up a bed time.

Llama said...

AWWW! Happy 2 months baby E! You have gotten so big! I love the pic of daddy reading to you! You look like a curious little baby!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus