skip to main |
skip to sidebar
- I went to the gym for the first time in about two and a half months yesterday and it felt great. I did feel out of place in a way but it was great to get out for a little while sans baby and do something healthy. Let me just say too that my ab muscles are pretty non existent and may take some time to find them again.
- Baby E is now sleeping for 4-5 hours at night! This started to happen last week and he's been doing it every night since. I actually think he'll go longer and there are some nights I even have to WAKE HIM UP. I refuse to speak out loud about it in case I jinx it so I'll just type about it so Ethan won't hear me and change his mind.
- I'm thinking for trying a Zumba class tomorrow night. Have any of you ever done this class? Thoughts?
- It's been cooler this week here in Texas (I never thought I'd see the day when I thought mid 80's to 90's was COOLER) and it's been really nice. I actually wore jeans the other day. Granted they were my maternity jeans but whatever. On that note, I'm not sure how I'll ever return to a normal - non elastic - waistband.
- We're going to our neighborhood pool party/BBQ this weekend for the holiday and I'm super excited. Not only is our favorite BBQ joint catering it but I am all cleared to swim finally! Now we just have to wake up at the crack of dawn to find a shaded spot by the pool for the little guy to hang out in. Everyone in our neighborhood is so friendly and nice that it should be a good time.
- I'm thinking about trying to cook again (key word here is thinking, Not sure if I'll actually have time to do it though). Does anyone have any good websites or cookbooks they can recommend for healthy eating?
- Ugh, this post is so lame. I promise to get a life soon and start posting about some better things. :)
4 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:
Zumba will make you want to die. Muscles you didn't know existed will hurt in ways you didn't know possible. But. You burn like 800 cals an hour so I do it anyway.
How old is he now? I have three kids (one who is 4 months old), and honestly? I do not wake my babies up once they sleep. Because it's sleep! I get to sleep!
I cook. Pancakes are an AWESOME dinner.
I've heard great things about Zumba! I have been meaning to try it. Let us know how it goes!
I am so ANTI cooking lol BUT when I do I use Hungry Girl Recipe books! They make all the "bad" stuff and make it healthy and tasty! Good Luck!
=D
How was the bbq this weekend?! :) Thanks for the bday wishes, friend! I dont think your post is lame. You're doing zumba, bbq-ing, and have an infant. Um.. you're kinda busy. Just sayin. Did you like zumba btw?! I did it for awhile and loved it but the classes were so packed, it was hard to get a good workout in b/c I kept whapping people with my attempted latin moves! ha! :)
Cookbook=pioneer woman! And all her recipes are free online! Try the chicken spaghetti. If I can do it, you can DEFINITELY do it... and it's yummy. VERY yummy! :) (and it lasts a while and feeds a lot of peeps)
Hey girl! Sorry I have been so M.I.A.! Congratssss! I see that you had the baby! He is absolutely adoooorable! I am sooo happy for you! I have to go and read your other posts .....rigghhht..now! :)
Post a Comment