WE'RE NO LONGER LIVING IN CHICAGO AND ARE OFFICIAL HOMEOWNERS IN TEXAS!!!
We made the trip back up to Chicago last weekend to officially move all of our stuff out of our condo. It was really "tough" for me to sit on my ass and watch two men pack up all my stuff one day and four men to move it all the next. I didn't pack a single thing. Not even a spoon. We'll see just how well they did though when I unpack everything this week...
(READ: The above pic is counting as my 28 week post. Had my doctors visit last week and all looks to be on track. I also got my Rhogam shot in what the nurse called my hip, and I call my butt, which was really no big deal. Turns out I've got lots of "padding" in that area now so it didn't hurt much at all. I don't really have time to post anything more and I've moved on to week 29 now. )
I thought for sure I'd be an emotional wreck when I saw our condo empty, but not this time. Yes, I cry pretty much every night when I watch the Olympics (thank you pregnancy hormones), but do I cry when my life is packed away on a truck...nope. Not one tear. I think I surprised GK with this sporadic emotional strength. Of course it lasted only for that night and I was crying again the next day when I watched the women's ice skating event. On a side note, did anyone else see the girl who's Mom died skate, so inspiring and sad to watch all at the same time.
Grace of course made the trip with us and as you can see below (she CHOSE to take a nap in her travel bag) was not happy to return to Texas as usual. I'm hoping that when we move into the new house this week, and she sees her new digs, she'll be a happy pup...




3 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:
Congrats on the house! I hate moving - but looks like you are doing great!
And yes, I did see the girl who's Mom died when she skated! I don't know how she did it! It brought me to tears too!! So touching!!
I can't wait to see the new place!
I'd choose unpacking over packing any day - lucky girl! I wish I could say that your hormones go back to normal (whatever that is) after you give birth, but it isn't the case. I cry over stupid stuff. The P&G commercial about the Olympic moms made me cry every time I saw it.
Congrats on the move!
Post a Comment