WEEK 21!!!
I know I missed week 20 but with packing, the new year celebrations and moving it was a tad busy around here. Yes, we made it to Texas but I'll post on that tomorrow.
From the books:
Baby's now the size of a banana!
Baby's digestive system is busy creating meconium (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth. And, if baby is a girl, her womb is now stocked up with her lifetime supply of six million eggs (the number will drop to around one million by birth).
"WHAT ARE YOU EATING?!?!" ~ that is what my fabulous doctor asked me when she entered the room for my appointment last week. "OH CRAP" - was my response. I guess I couldn't make it through the holidays without the standard weight gain (on top of the pregnancy weight gain) like I thought. Oh well, those mass amount of cookies were worth it! I've decided not to worry about weight anymore this pregnancy and go by how I feel. I feeling really good right now (besides the annoying heartburn/gas that shows up at night and that outbreak of hives last week) so I'm moving on. It also helps that my workout stuff is unpacked finally so I can get back into the gym like normal.
We had our 20 week ultrasound last week and it was really cool. Side Note: I basically had to drag GK out of the room before he could find out the sex. Initially he was the one that didn't want to know, so it was pretty humorous for me to look at him during the ultrasound to see him squinting his eyes in hopes of figuring it out on his own (since we told the tech we didn't want to know). It really bothered him that some stranger knows the sex and we don't. Don't worry, he didn't figure it out (as far as I know).
Anyway, it was really cool seeing the little one again since we hadn't seen him since week 12. He's so big now that you can't get a full body picture anymore. Everything looked very healthy and on track still for the May 16th due date.
He/she has long legs and the heartbeat was 163 bpm. It was fascinating to see the spine and all the ventricles of the heart beating away as we watched. When GK asks me how my day is I like to tell him "it was great, I grew a femur bone today, how about you?".
I also believe that the baby has my jaw line in this picture. Pretty sure I just made that up, but I had to give myself something...
because the poor kid has GK's rather large feet it looks like...
So no belly pics this week. Why? Because 1. re-read the third paragraph of this post regarding weight gain and 2. I can't track down the camera at this point or the cord. Once I do I'll try to post something for you to see.Tomorrow I'll post more on the move and where we're not staying. I also have to change my blog header I guess ~ once I can think of a new name. Anyone have any recommendations???




8 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:
Hi! I'm new to your blog. I found it through Loves of Life and I realized you lived in the same city as me!! I bet your loving this deep freeze as much as me.
I am finding a new love for the pregnancy posts/ blogs, hope to soon have my own to write!! Look forward to learning more!
Dang! I wish GK would have figured it out! You're lucky I wasn't there, I'd have held that tech hostage until they told me what it was...maybe that is why I wasn't invited to the ultrasound 8) Glad to hear baby is well!
How is Princess Grace settling in?
I wish he would have figured it out also!!! Great photos too. I'm happy to hear everything is still going well for you all!!! XOXO
Oh hunnie.........its SO a girl....just my opinion ;)
I got the same reaction from my OB at my 28 week visit a few weeks ago. He actually gasped, and then proceeded to tell me how to eat. As if I haven't done this before.
Granted 10 pounds in 7 weeks is kind of a lot, but seriously. Growing a person here.
I am soooo excited for you :-)
I think I am so happy for you that I am gaining some of your baby weight too! I was starting to think I was preggers...
Enjoy this time and forget about the weight! It is your time to relax, be happy, and enjoy this miracle :-)
I miss you already! Any more movement for Greg to feel?
Aw! How exciting! The pictures are amazing! Ejoy every moment of being pregnant and all the cookies too! :)
Post a Comment