Friday, January 8, 2010

Friday Tidbits

So I still can't find our camera cord so this will have to be a picture free post (I know, boring).

  • Texas is great so far. It's so cold here that I still feel like I'm in the mid-west though. Hopefully this cold spell will be over soon so Grace and I can venture out on some longer walks.

  • Speaking of Grace, I don't think she's too happy with our choice to move away. She has been pretty on edge since we arrived and HATES the grass here. Like, she refuses to walk on it at all. I don't really get it since the grass is dead here like it is in Chicago, except in Chicago it's also frozen (and covered in snow from what I hear). She's getting better by the day and I hope when we get a house she'll feel more herself. We leave for Hawaii tomorrow and our layover just so happens to be in Phoenix so guess what that means? Grace gets a week in Arizona with her grandparents! I think that will help her adjust to everything...or she'll just be more pissed when she gets back to Texas.

  • The baby is kicking away these days. GK has been able to feel more and more kicks, which is cool. My favorite is when she/he wakes up and stomps around on my bladder at 3am. I may or may not make my trek to the bathroom with a lot of noise so GK wakes up to feel my pain too. Whatever, we're both good at going back to sleep though so I don't feel that bad about it.

  • It's very confusing learning my way around here. They have major roads side by side with different names, exits to roads with no names, and these crazy Texas U-turns that make you feel like you're driving on the wrong side of the road. I've learned how to get to Wal-Mart, the mall and GK's work so I'm set for a while I think. :)

  • GK and I joined a massive gym here too. I was disappointed to learn that they didn't have any pre-natal yoga so I plan on doing a lot of cardio and swimming to make up for it. Now I just need to find a bathing suite that fits! I may still find a yoga class to go to on the side, but we'll see. It's really nice to be a member of a gym again, especially since it's about the same price for me as my little, dingy gym in Chicago.

  • We've been very busy looking for a house as well. I think we've narrowed it down to about four houses that we like and we're keeping our fingers crossed they are still available when we get back from vacation.

Like I mentioned before, we're off to Hawaii tomorrow so I'll try to catch up with all of you when I get back. Aloha friends!

1 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Llama said...

Sound like everything is going so well ! I am sure that the little one is having a ball in Hawaii what a nice babymoon!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus