Thursday, January 28, 2010

Maui...

I'm finally posting some Maui pics (and it's the perfect day since it's raining and very blah today). We had such a great time and we're trying very hard to figure out how to get back to Maui every year. :)








While we were there there was a front that came through so the waves were about 30 feet high on the north side of the island. Of course GK HAD to see them so off we went to a very remote part of the island (named JAWS) to watch the surfers. It was pretty cool and all the surfers were professional and get dragged into the waves using wave runners. If you enlarge the image you can see them better. We were on a cliff watching them.


GK tried his hand at surfing a few times too and loved it!


The whales are also out in full force off the coast of Maui from January-April. They swim down from Alaska to mate and have babies. We went on a whale watching tour that was awesome. The image below is a whale's back (no zoom used in this image)...
But we could also see the whales from the beach at all times of the day. If you enlarge the first image you can see it from the restaurant.


4 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Heather (Live.Love.Laugh.) said...

Thank you for teasing me when I'm about to walk out into 5* weather!!! LOL.

I miss Maui so much!

Llama said...

It looks like you had an AMAZING time! I am super jealous! I have always wanted to go to Hawaii! So lucky! BTW you have the cutest little pregnant belly!

Meredith said...

I love Hawaii and am dying to go back!

Every year when we get our tax return, I am SO tempted to say screw being practical, and just go to Hawaii!

Jax said...

Ohmygosh! That whale pic is amazing! I cant believe they were so close!!! Great pics! I want to go to the beach.. haha. :) Love that last pic of you guys.. so cute. :)

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus