Tuesday, December 22, 2009

What I'll miss...and what I won't!

What I'll Miss:

I can honestly say I love living and working in the city. I love the tall buildings, the skyline when I run by the lake, the ability to walk to basically anything if you want (or take the bus). So in all honesty I'm really going to miss the buildings and architecture of Chicago. If you've never been here you really should visit. There are some of the most beautiful buildings in the world here. Granted they have some pretty lame, ugly one's too but I choose to ignore those and focus on the pretty. Here are a few pics I've uncovered from the past few years...
The view when I run, and walk Grace, by the lake


Sears Willis Tower (don’t get me started on the new name either. Ridiculous.)

GK and I on our rooftop the day we got engaged (many, many moons ago)


LaSalle Street where my current office is and the view from my bus stop every day.

What I won't miss:

The horrendous rides the cab drivers give. I'm not kidding when I say that I feel like I may throw up each and every time I get in a cab. Granted it may be because I have an amazing sense of smell these days (thank you pregnancy). But the smell, along with the ride itself, make way for the prime opportunity for my stomach to rebel and to make me question whether I can make it on the five minute ride or not. I know that this is the main income for MANY families in the city and that's great. All I have to say to the drivers out there is that it's OK if I get there two minutes later than you want. If it means I don't have to sit in the back of your torpedo car running every red light seen, or slamming on the brakes every five minutes, I'm OK with that!

3 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Jax said...

I love Chicago. Like really.. I have a phat crush on your city. When my ex (ewwww) moved there, I was THRILLED to visit any time I could.. I'd often walk around all by myself to explore while he watched football etc (sign number 200 that your relationship isn't healthy.. you visit; he watches football..haha). Anyway.. I'd totally miss Chicago, but the cabs.. Yeah.. not a fan. I heart driving my own car around without the smells and torpedo-ness.. haha! :)

Llama said...

In every decision we make there are pros and cons. Just always remember the reasons why you have to make your decision and the focus on the positive! Hope you are feeling well!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

i totally agree with the cabs in Chicago. I get really bad car sickness when riding in the back and throw a crazy cab driver in that mix and it's pure HELL! :) Happy Holidays!!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus