Wednesday, December 23, 2009

19 Weeks and Happy Holidays!

19 WEEKS!

From the books:

Your baby's sensory development is exploding! Her brain is designating specialized areas for smell, taste, hearing, vision, and touch. Some research suggests that she may be able to hear your voice now, so don't be shy about reading aloud, talking to her, or singing a happy tune if the mood strikes you.

Your baby weighs about 8 1/2 ounces and measures 6 inches, head to bottom — about the size of a large heirloom tomato. Her arms and legs are in the right proportions to each other and the rest of her body now. Her kidneys continue to make urine and the hair on her scalp is sprouting. A waxy protective coating called the vernix caseosa is forming on her skin to prevent it from pickling in the amniotic fluid.



This week has flown by! Not a lot has changed on my end. We had a great weekend but more on that later. I really can't believe I'm posting this picture though. It seems that the laziness has struck again and I can't seem to put on make-up these days. I hope this is not a common occurrence, but we'll see. On a positive note since GK is back home for good now I can take overall better pictures and you can see my face, rather than having a camera in front of it. You also get to see our half lit Christmas tree. Yeah, we didn't work too hard to try to fix that. I just put some of the bigger ornaments where the lights weren't working so it's not as noticeable. I TOLD YOU I WAS GETTING LAZY!


We're off to Virginia for Christmas tomorrow. Wish us luck that the weather cooperates and I'm not stuck in the airport all day.

Happy Holidays Internet!

3 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Llama said...

Merry Christmas to you and your little belly too!

Jax said...

You=adorable! (and gorgeous tree too!!) Merry Christmas and safe travels!

Randi said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog:) Congrats on your beautiful baby belly!! Is this your first? Hope you had a wonderful and safe holiday!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus