Thursday, November 12, 2009

Things not to do or say to a pregnant lady...

So I may or may not have cried at the dentist office yesterday - and not because I was in pain.

I told the hygienist that I was pregnant when I got there just to keep her informed. The conversation went well at the beginning and she started talking about when she was pregnant. That's fine, I'm getting used to people doing that now. She then proceeded to tell me about her friend, whom she thinks has postpartum depression now after she had her baby. I was semi OK with her telling me this, but felt it was a little TMI. She then proceeds to tell me that she thinks her friend is depressed because her husband died when her baby was four months old! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?! You do NOT tell a very hormonal pregnant girl things like that. She didn't stop there though. I found out her friend is a nurse and she can't seem to get over when people have to be "shocked" after a heart attack because she thinks of her husband every time. Oh and her husband was only 29! Do you really blame me now for tearing up? I was about 5 seconds away from getting the ugly cry face too, but thankfully she stopped talking.


I mean really how sad is that? I already have to miss GK four days a week when he's in Texas and now I have this crazy story to think about too. NOT COOL MS. HYGIENIST LADY, NOT COOL.

6 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Llama said...

oh my goodness? that is one of the saddest stories i have ever heard! pregnant or not it would bring me to tears! feel better sweetie!

Angie said...

I don't know why people say the things they do to strangers!
I am 20 weeks along and cry all the time! Either that or I'm a raving bitch!
I can not imagine losing my hubs so young. That's so sad.
Sunday I watched Marley & me and seriously bawled the ugly cry the whole entire time. My hubs thinks I'm insane lol.

Angie said...

I don't know why people say the things they do to strangers!
I am 20 weeks along and cry all the time! Either that or I'm a raving bitch!
I can not imagine losing my hubs so young. That's so sad.
Sunday I watched Marley & me and seriously bawled the ugly cry the whole entire time. My hubs thinks I'm insane lol.

Addict said...

So awful!!! How can she tell that story at all without crying? I am not one to tear up at much, but really? Sad sad sad things happen to goood people.

Anonymous said...

I swear it's like pregnancy puts a sign over your head that says "talk to me about random things and tell me your useless opinions and stories"

JILL said...

Congratulatios to all of you!!!!! I did hear and just checked your blog and saw your posts! So happy for you!!!!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus