Tuesday, November 17, 2009

~ I actually worked out this morning. I can't even believe it. I was a 1/2 hour late to work but I could care less because I WORKED OUT!!! I worked out 3 to 4 times a week pre-pregnancy but once I hit week 6 I wanted nothing to do with the gym - or moving my body fast enough to break anything that resembled a sweat. So as you can imagine I've been feeling a little lazy. Throw in the amount of sleep I claim I MUST get at night (along with many naps) and you've got one lazy pregnant lady on your hands. The only exercise I've gotten in the past three months is walking the dog every day. I know walking is great exercise, but for me I need to get my heart rate up and feel the sore muscles the next day to satisfy me. So hears to hoping this keeps up and I can get back into some sort of routine.

~ I've not thought at all about a nursery. It's hard to think about that when we don't even know where we're going to be living. GK and I have started working hard (more him than me) on finding a new house in Dallas so we won't have to live in temp housing for too long. We've mentioned in passing having it be light blue in some way but that's about as far as we've gotten. Anyone know a good place to buy a crib and stuff to go along with it (i.e. basically everything that we may need to buy for a nursery). Is Baby's R Us really the best place to buy this stuff?

~ On that same note, I've not bought one single thing for the baby. I've seen so much cute stuff but have had the insane ability to walk away from it before it ends up in my cart. I guess I just feel that 1. It's just more stuff we'll have to move (even though we'll have movers) and 2. I can find the same stuff down in Dallas for 1/2 the price than Chicago in months (Dallas is kind enough also to NOT have 10.25% sales tax on everything like Chicago).

~I'm going to start posting my weekly recaps soon. I've been writing them out I just need to upload some pics and I'll be set.

~ My 30th birthday is on Saturday and I'm so excited!


6 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Mandy said...

If I were you I would register at Buy Buy Baby....well, if they have those in Dallas anyway. I hate BRU - their return policy sucks and you will definitely have a lot to return or exchange. Buy Buy Baby accepts Bed, Bath and Beyond coupons and has their same awesome return policy!! I wish they would have been around when I registered!

Our Happy Married Life... said...

happy early 30th Birthday. So exciting! And, i've got nothing on the "where to shop for baby" since i'm babyless! :) i hear pottery barn kids is super cute for bedding though.

Llama said...

Hey sweetie! I am happy to hear that you are doing well. It must be tough going from working out that much to loosing the feeling to do the same. I hope that if i ever get pregnant i can still work out too...you are lucky.
Don't worry about the nursery and baby stuff yet...when you are ready you will do it! Take care of yourself! :)

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Are you serious about that sales tax? OMG! I don't blame you for waiting. I had major morning sickness and had to give up serious working out, but I did manage to go on 2 mile walks most every day. It definitely helped!

Gwen said...

YAY for the workout!!! I can't wait to see what you pick for the nursery. :) And...HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY!!!! XOXO

Bri said...

Woo hoo!!! Congrats on the pregnancy! Love every second and cherish everything ... soon you will look perfection in the eye! =)

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus