Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Run For Their Lives...

Sorry, real life seems to have gotten the best of me lately so I'm sucking at blogging. Things are pretty crazy at the Kelley household right now. I also erased everything in my Google reader so it says no unread posts when I had almost 100. I was so pissed. I have no clue who I've read and not read yet, so I've been lacking on the comments lately. I'm going to start again as soon as I get my Reader back to normal :)



Two weekends ago we participated in the Run For Their Lives to help the no kill shelter here in Chicago - PAWS. I volunteer at this shelter too and I must say it's an amazing place. They have dogs and cats, no cages and so many volunteers that often times there is nothing more to do then just sit there and play with the animals. So if you're in the area and are looking for an animal I highly recommend going there ~ Oprah even got her dog there!



Grace was a little nervous at first - considering there were thousands of people there and I think about 2,000 dogs!


If you've ever run any type of race, then you're familiar with the water stations. Well this race also had water bowls for the dogs. Grace was a little too prissy and refused to drink out of the "dirty" bowls so we had to get her a glass - Yes I know, she is spoiled. I love the one dog actually walking through the water bowl...



Like I said Grace was a little nervous at first so she got a free ride from my Dad for a little while...



Man, she is SO photogenic - don't be jealous. I know you want a picture with Grace and her tongue sticking out too!
I wish I could say this is the only picture I have like this, but it's not...

2 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Katy said...

so cool! i want to run this sometime! i'm moving to chicago in August so maybe next year?!

Gwen said...

Good for you & Grace to run for such a wonderful reason!!! I love visiting the free range no kill shelter in our area but I have to do it very rarely since I end up wanting every baby in there. I think every fur baby momma has a tongue photo or two. :) XOXO

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus