Monday, August 31, 2009

Tidbits...


  • When being the designated driver you need to put a time limit on the drive home. Let me explain. Friday I got the chance to be the designated driver to my wonderful hubby. He was not super drunk or anything but on the verge. The drive was a 40 min drive. During this drive I realized that 40 min is way too long to be in a car with a drunk person. So now my time limit is 30 min as designated driver. That's about all I can handle.

  • It's COLD here. I hate it. We're talking 50 degrees when I woke up. It's August Mother Nature, can't you just cooperate and avoid sending the cold weather to us until at least November?

  • My work is S-L-O-W right now and I'm going crazy. I just wish this recession thingy that we're in would just go away. What the heck? On a positive note, I've gotten really good at cold calling.

  • I wake up at least twice a night now when GK is in Texas. I've talked about my sleep walking here, but it seems to be happening more often now. I wake up, run around the condo to make sure everything is all good then go back to sleep. It's really messing with my head not to mention my dog thinks I'm crazy. Not sure what to do about it though.

  • Don't forget to vote for Grace. the contest is still going on. You can vote here or click on Grace's picture to the right of this post.
  • I get four whole days with my husband this weekend since it's Labor Day weekend! I'm so excited. To top it off we have NO PLANS! I can't remember the last weekend we had no plans.


Happy Monday to all of you. I'm off to surf the Internet and hopefully find some work to do :)

3 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Llama said...

HAHA! I totally agree with the time limit for the designated driver...it's only fun for about 30 minutes and then you wonder why you nominated yourself! It is cold here too! What is going on with this weather!?!

Gwen said...

LOL!!! I hate being DD because drunk people really are annoying. I'm with you on the cold weather. If it's here to stay I'd like to know so I can bust out my boots and coats. I'm also slow at work and it really is killing me. Making for very long days and even longer weeks. Hope you have a fabulous weekend!!! XOXO

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Wanna trade weather? When I was preggers I was DD every time there was an alcohol related event. I wasn't the most patient about it. ah ha

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus