Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Bad Dog...

It's a know fact that everyone that knows me IRL knows that I have a little problem with talking in my sleep and walking in my sleep. I don't EVER leave my house but I have woken up doing some things that you just don't normally do when you're sleeping (READ: yes GK that picture REALLY did need to be straightened on the wall right then. It clearly could not wait until morning when it doesn't seem to bother me).

Anyway, I had ordered some groceries to be delivered between 7am and 9am this morning (yes, I'm that lazy that I get my groceries delivered.). So to make sure I didn't miss the call from my doorman, to let me know my delivery had arrived, I put my land line phone by my head.

Fast forward to this morning. My alarm proceeds to go off for 45min while I hit snooze, and each time I hit snooze I vaguely remember checking the phone too - JUST to make sure it was still working and I didn't miss the call (As you can tell I was very worried about my groceries). Then around 7:30am Grace jumps off our bed like a bat out of hell and runs to the front door. Well, in my sleepy mind this clearly means that I missed the call and the delivery guy was going to leave because he thought I was not there. I proceed to jump out of bed, run around our bedroom like a mad women and put on the ugliest sweatshirt and pants I can find. I don't even know where I got these pants and I am serious when I call the U-G-L-Y. I was wearing shorts and a t-shirt but that didn't stop me. The Fugly clothes fit perfectly over them - at least in my mind they did.

Since we live in a tall building with many condos in it and it's hard to tell when there is someone at my door or my neighbors door. You'd think I'd look through the peep hole to see if it was in fact my delivery but nope, not me. I proceed to throw open the door to find two maintenance guys staring at me (now that I think about it, they were most likely staring at the birds nest on top of my head that I call hair). At no point did anyone knock on my door, but me and my crazy dog thought otherwise. It takes me about 10 seconds to figure out they were not there to see me. While I'm trying to figure out what the hell is going on, in my half asleep half awake state, my dog takes off like a race horse INTO my neighbors condo! Let me digress briefly by saying that I'm very good friends with my neighbor so this is not an uncommon thing to happen. Grace likes to go looking for bones at her house since I'm a mean Mom and cut out all her bones basically since she's got a sensitive stomach. So as you see normally this would be fine since she does that ALL the time. Oh no, my Internet friends on this morning the maintenance guys were there because my neighbors toilet was majorly leaking and water was EVERYWHERE. It was a site watching me run around in circles after my dog, THROUGH the toilet water, while my neighbor and the maintenance guys just stared at me in my U-G-L-Y "pj's" and my nest of hair on my head.

The best part is all I could mumble during the entire incident was "sorry, thought you guys were my grocery's"...

5 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up. Thanks for that! I can totally picture it

Addict said...

hahaha I get my groceries delivered too! I guess I should avoid morning deliveries since that sounds like something I would definetly do...

Bri said...

LOL hahaha! Great story!

I love Galena too! =)

Gwen said...

LMAO!!!! I get freaked out when I wake up sometimes too!!! Hopefully this morning went better for you. XOXO

Unknown said...

That is hysterical!!! I'm dying over here just picturing your dog trampling through the toilet water in your neighbor's apartment.

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus