Life as we know it has changed for the Windy City Kelley's. GK's hard work has paid off and he got placed on a new project for his company! It really is a great opportunity for him, with a great company, and since my job is really suffering right now due to the economy (as many others are too) it relaxes me a little bit to know that he has a stable job. I was his biggest cheerleader to take the position and I'm so proud of him!
On the down side - his new job is in the state of Texas (that is not a typo and not near the Windy City if you were wondering). He's now gone Monday - Thursday of EVERY WEEK. We are on our third week and there is no end in site since the project he's on is for at least three years.
GK and I have done long distance before for a year, when we first started dating, so unfortunately we know how it goes (he's much better at it than I am it seems). It's going to continue to be hard on us but we'll make it to the end at some point. I take it one day at a time and I try not to focus on the fact that I will only get to see my husband for three days a week for the next three years... OR until I decide to change this blog to be titled "Lone Star Kelley's" :)
Right now Thursday nights are my favorite night of the week. When GK comes home and we can go get some dinner and a glass (or a couple glasses) of wine. Until then, this little pup is keeping me VERY entertained Monday - Thursday...




2 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:
that's a hard situation, but at least he does come home on Thursdays and you are together for a few days!! And in this economy the fact that you can spend those days breathing easy knowing he has a good, steady job is important to :)
Hang in there Linds! I'm always here if you need company!
Post a Comment