Conversation GK and I had last night around 10:00pm:
GK: (rushing from the backyard to the garage): ummm, can you NOT come outside for a few minutes.
LK: Oh hell no. Now all I want to do is go outside.
GK: Just stay in here...
Now there is only one thing that GK would say something like this for. There is a SNAKE in my driveway!!! Those that know me IRL know that I am scared to death of snakes. CRAZY SCARED. The second GK said these words I knew what was out there and I almost peed my pants just thinking about it.
GK comes back inside and tells me that the snake was on our driveway but he scared it so much that it slithered under our fence to our backyard. To which I responded "I HAVE A SNAKE IN MY BACKYARD????". It was not my most calming moment in life.
Side note: People would ask me all the time when we were moving what I was the most scared about - you know picking up our lives and moving across the country and all. My only response was that I was scared of having a snake in my yard. Period. I could handle everything else.
So needless to say GK came in and G**gled the snake and found that it was not harmful and told me he was going to leave it alone. Not something I would have done, but since I can't even look at a snake without wanting to pass out, I guess he had the final call. He figures that the snake is a water snake and ventured out from some of the lakes we have in the neighborhood.
The snake is now gone, but you bet your behind I won't be "hanging out" in the backyard anytime soon. I on the other hand am positive that damn thing is now in my house and will slither out from under the bed when I'm sleeping and attack me (what? Have I been watching too many movies?).
I miss city living!!!
5 years ago




4 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:
Oh no! I would freak as well. Thankfully, we don't live close to water...
Must hang out soon!
AHHHHH! OH my goodness!!!!
Oh hell no is EXACTLY right! Hopefully its far far away and took his friends with him! =D
Right!! All of my sleepwalking/night time freak outs have been because I think a snake or some sort of desert bug is getting me!! Jer and I went to walk Mattie this afternoon and had to wait for the 2 vultures VULTURES!!! that were hovering because we interrupted a meal of dead lizard in the street in front of the condo!! We have also had 2 frickin' snakes in front of our house, not good when I have seen a total of 3 snakes since we have been here....why the hell did I move to the desert?
Post a Comment