Tuesday, February 22, 2011

9 Months!

My dear sweet baby boy, you are 9 months now!


So many fun things happened this month. To start the month off your Grandma and Grandpa Kelley came to visit from Virginia.

You were really sick (double ear infections and a chest cold) the first few days they were here so you slept a lot, but once we got you on some antibiotics you perked up to your happy self.

The weekend after we were off to Arizona to visit your Nana, Grandpa, Auntie Angie and Uncle Jeremy. We lucked out, and had an empty seat in our aisle on the plane, and we got to bring your car seat and that made you very happy. You love for your Daddy or me to hold you but you're also pretty independent and like to be on your own like a big boy too.
We had a great trip to Arizona. Your Daddy was there for a golf weekend with friends and we stayed at your Nana and Grandpa's house. While there you became very attached to your Grandpa and cried when he left the room a couple of times. I think you just really loved the Western movies you two watched while I was shopping that was your favorite part of the weekend.


When we came back from that trip a huge ice storm hit the Dallas area so we were home bound for about five days. Your Daddy was also home so you were a happy camper to wake up to him all week.



Speaking of sleep, you are sleeping great these days. Every couple of nights you wake up in the middle of the night briefly but for the most part you are sleeping from 8:30pm - 7:30am most days with two naps a day. You're still army crawling all over the place though so I think that's why you're sleeping so well. I have to say you're pretty quick too.


At the end of the month your Daddy was away on a ski weekend so our friends Valerie and Simon Knight came to visit!

We had such a great time with them and you and Simon just loved playing together. We can't wait to see them again so you two can teach each other new things!

This month I finally gave up the thought that you may someday like the baby food I was feeding you. You still take four bottles a day of formula and I was trying to mix some baby food in there too, but you didn't want anything to do with it. You hate the stuff. So after talking with your doctor your Daddy and I decided just to move on to big people's food. You LOVE it. Shocking I know. You seem to want to do anything that we're doing so why not add "eat a hamburger" to that list. Just kidding you haven't eaten a full hamburger yet, but you're on your way.

We also had to lower the mattress in your crib this month too. There was a few times I'd look at the monitor in hopes to find a slumbering baby. Instead I saw a baby standing up about to topple out of his crib because he dropped his paci out the side of it. Yes, scary.

You are also starting to pull yourself up on our furniture to scoot yourself around the room. The issue you seem to have right now though is you can't figure out how to sit down after you get yourself standing. So some crying does happen at this point but we're working on it and I'm sure you'll have it down pat soon.

The best part of the month (for me) you finally said Mama! It was amazing to hear. Not only did you say Mama but you also now say Dog (Da) when you see Grace or any other dog. You love dogs. You get so excited and make grunting noises to get the dog's attention so they will come over to you. It's adorable. You also started to wave this month. It's pretty sporadic, but becoming more frequent.

You still only have the two bottom teeth. Not sure where the rest are but they can pop up any time as far as I'm concerned. You weigh 18 lbs 1 oz (12%) and are 27" long (11%) with a head circumference of 17.75" (43%).

So as you can see it was a big month for us. We can't wait to see what the next month brings baby boy. We love you!

2 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Valerie said...

We had such a great time visiting you guys. I promise to post pictures soon....I have such cute ones of those boys!

Homevalley said...

He's so adorable! Also, I'm uber-jealous of you guys snagging a seat on the plane for him. I have given up hope myself.

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus