Friday, January 14, 2011

Top Five

OK, so I've noticed a few things going on lately. Now that I've been a mom for almost eight months a few changes have occurred and I'd like to share them with you Internet. Why, because it's blowing my mind...

1. For some reason when E poops I don't seem to look at it as real poop. Don't get me wrong, it smells bad. Something fierce. But when I change his diaper I just don't seem to freak out if I get it on me. Eight months ago, I would have FREAKED if poop got on me. I find this weird.

2. I've realized I will never sleep through the night again. Last night I had in ear plugs because GK was snoring - excuse me - he was "breathing loud" as he calls it. I finally fall asleep to peacefulness to find that Ethan is crying. How the heck I heard it is beyond me, but I did. I've come to terms with the lack of sleep and actually am functioning pretty well I think. Of course there are days that my memory is not up to the capacity it used to be but I deal with that on case by case basis. Like sometimes if I forget a word and Ethan is with me, I look at him like he did something funny. Like a diversion of sorts. Almost like saying to the person "I most definitely did not forget the word Milk. My child just distracted me and I'll get back to this conversation in a few minutes".

3. My house is a hot mess. I always swore I'd not be that mom with toys all over but turns out it's unavoidable. I always THINK about picking the toys up but what's the point. I'll be dragging them out again in a few hours when E wakes up.

4. My child is "that loud child in the store", I always thought that would never be me, and I'm OK with it. Well... this actually is not surprising. Since I'm not one to be quiet, E is pretty much a chip off the old block. He doesn't cry in stores. When I say loud I mean he yells. It's a happy yell so who am I to discourage it. I figure when he's a little older we can broach the subject of inside/outside voices. For not it makes me laugh when he is screaming DADA at the top of his lungs in Target. The whole time we're there.

5. Showering everyday is for the weak. who needs a shower everyday? Not this Mom. I'm guessing my pooped covered self may not smell as good as I think I do, but oh well. I've got a happy, screaming child, making me laugh so more important things are needing my attention.

4 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Anonymous said...

I'm nearly peeing myself! In NC for the wkend and was showing mike pics of E on your blog. This post is MY LIFE!!! I read it to mike and he laughed, but clearly didn't get it as much ad me. God I miss you!!! Share this with Valerie and Corrine and Shauna, Jenny, and Carrie!
Rarely showering, shrugging off poop, hearing them scream before they are screaming (mike tells me I forsee it sometimes), and stepping over Legos and wetting rings while on a conference call is how I live my life.

Valerie said...

I told Jessica the other day that you must have read my mind when you wrote this! Love it

Megan said...

This will be my life in a few months!! :) He is SUCH a cutie too!

Homevalley said...

I have also resolved to never sleeping again. And my husband also "breathes loud" - ha! Between the baby crying and the non-snoring... yeah, we are never sleeping again. Hendrik loves to yell happily in stores too, though he also has no qualms crying in them.

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus