Wednesday, January 26, 2011

8 months!

Baby boy you are 8 months old now. I am posting this a little late because you were pretty sick on your actual 8 month birthday and there was no way you were going to smile for the camera for me.

You are growing so fast. I seem to blink and you are doing something new. You love playing with your toys still but you also like to get into things you shouldn't be getting into. For instance you love to bang on the glass table we have in the living room. You are so proud when you make it over to the table without us stopping you. You just grin and pound your fists with joy.

Don't worry, Daddy and I will be "Ethan Proofing" the house very soon, which I'm sure will upset you (and Grace).


This month was a big month. You had your first Christmas and New Years! Grandpa and Nana watched you on New Years Eve so your Daddy and I could go out to celebrate a little bit.


You also saw your first real snow. I can't really say you liked being out in it though. Living in Dallas we don't see it very often, so we couldn't pass up the opportunity to bundle you up for a few minutes in the white stuff.


You still only have the two bottom teeth but I have a feeling more will be popping up soon. You take 4-5 bottles a day and eat solid food 1-2 times a day. You seem to like everything we give you so that is a plus. You watch us very closely when we eat so I'm thinking you will be eating big boy food very soon. At our doctors visit last week you weighed 19 lbs.

You smile and laugh up a storm and love your paci. You love to bounce in your bouncy chair still and love to stand up at the play table we bought you. You've only pulled yourself up on the table a few times but that is soon to change. You still army crawl on your belly. You love to play with zippers and shoe laces (Not two things that typically belong in a baby's mouth), and get very upset when I take them away.

You also seem to enjoy listening to The Dave Matthews Band. I listened to it a lot when I was pregnant with you and we listen to it a lot when you are with us now. It seems to be the only music that will quiet you down immediatly, which your Daddy and I love.


We love you baby boy and look forward to seeing what you learn this month!

1 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

SP said...

How cute is HE!!!!??? Love the picture with his little arms straight out ;)

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus