Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer, Summer, Summer Time...


When we moved here in January we were told MANY times "Oh just wait until summer" or "So this is your first summer huh, good luck". We didn't really think anything of it until now. It looks like the heat has arrived...
So we are staying indoors for the next couple of weeks. We're trying hard to change our thinking too, now that we live in the land of the heat. We're so used to spending every second outside in the summer because in Chicago you don't know how long the heat will last. It could be 50 degrees next week and your summer is over in a blink of an eye. E doesn't seem to mind though this summer. He's a happy baby even when we drag him all over the place...


In fact we're spending so much time in the car E seems to think that's his nursery since he's only been in his actual nursery a handful of times. Side note: I've FINALLY finished said nursery and will be posting pics soon.

Just the other day, while riding in the car, the following comment came out of my mouth:

E: crying like it's going out of style
Me: reaching back to try and find his pacifier (Yes, not very safe but you would have tried your hardest to find it too if you were lost in the middle nowhere Texas with a sobbing baby).
Me: After coming to terms with the fact that I can't find the almighty paci "Ethan mommy can't find your paci right now. Can you just chew on your fist for while?"

Yes, I actually said this to my 11 week old. I know, I know 1. He is in fact 11 weeks old and can't understand a word I'm saying and 2. who tells their child to chew on their fist for a while? This is what happens when you're at home with an infant every day with no interaction with adults other than the sales lady at Macy's. Needless to say the rest of the ride was not the most enjoyable and I look forward to the day we retire the paci for good!


2 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

My little chica won't take a pacifier at all! So when she cries...she CRIES...haha.

Although, she does use her fingers to suck on.

Llama said...

awww poor thing! at least he is experiencing the world. i think it is so great that you take him everywhere!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus