So this is our adorable mini pack-n-play we got for the baby before he arrived. I thought it was PERFECT for our room for the first few weeks/months.
Well looks like the babe has a different opinion about it. He Hates it. I mean scream at the top of his little lungs every time we lay him in it - HATES it. GK and I tried every way possible to get him to sleep in it, but nothing worked. We thought maybe it was because he just didn't want to sleep, but as you can see below the kid will sleep in any position in any location at any time...




We'll revisit the pack-n-play in a few weeks but for now what the babe wants the babe gets, and he wants his swing damn it!
P.S. - I just typed this post with one hand - pretty impressive if I do say so myself! :)
6 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:
ahh! I just typed this whole response and it didn't post?!?
Either way--we did this one night Emeline was having a rough night. It worked like a charm. Same swing and ALL. I told my mom the next day and was like, "I feel like the worst mom ever for putting her in a swing at night!"...and she was like, "KATIE! You have to sleep too! If it means putting your kid in a swing, so be it!"...
if it makes you feel any better, after her first feeding in the middle of the night, about 75% of the time she just falls asleep in bed WITH us. mom of the year.
You are so welcome!! My girls both hated/still hate sleeping flat. We utilize the Nap Nanny, Papasan, car seat, and swing for every time we need good long sleeps.
Congratulations on your little boy! I heard of a lot of babies not loving the cribs/pnp in the beginning. I am glad you found a temporary solution for now. Sometimes you just do anything to get some sleep!!! Jillian has that swing and she loves it. She is now big enough to bat at the little lambs. It's so cute.
Karen
My son HATED sleeping in the crib/cradle/pack-n-play for quite some time after he was born. He would only sleep in his car seat or his Soothing Motions Glider.
haha! Nice. I agree.. what he wants, he gets.. as long as it gets you guys some sleep! :)
Just reading through some of your archives, and we have a RIDICULOUS amount in common, but Hendrik LOATHED the pack and play as well! We did away with it after one night... he's still in his bassinet and sleeps like an angel.
Post a Comment