Sunday, May 30, 2010

Tidbits and pictures...

  • Things are going well so far. We figured out Ethan likes to be with us when he falls asleep at night (read- yes it took us 2 weeks to figure out what most people already know about newborns) So once we feed him he falls asleep on our chest and once he's in a full coma like sleep we can move him to the bassinet. Once there he'll sleep for 5 HOURS! Yup, you heard that right - 5 HOURS! It's awesome. We feel like we may have a slight idea on what this little guy likes but I'm sure that will change tomorrow now that I said that.

  • Typically at night, when the baby cries, GK will get up change him and give him to me and GK will go back to sleep. One night the baby cried in his crib and I woke GK up and asked if he could grab him for me, while I got situated. GK got up and grabbed the dog instead. Needless to say the dog has not slept with us in a while and I'm pretty sure I know why...
  • Yesterday Ethan peed or pooped on us at least 4 times. You'd think we'd learn our lesson the first time around. I blame it on lack of sleep.
  • Ethan has started to coo more and is getting on a good routine of eating every three hours. GK was able to give him his first bottle today and he did really well. To be honest the kid just likes food and will take it any way we give it to him. We have our 2 week doctors appointment on Wednesday and I'm betting he's over 9 lbs by now!


2 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Meredith said...

LOL. Justin was notorious for doing silly stuff in his sleep during the first couple of weeks we were home.

Ethan is SO STINKING CUTE!

Anonymous said...

He is SO stinkin cute!!!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus