Friday, April 30, 2010

37 Weeks

Full Term! The baby can come at any time now and it will be fine and healthy... looks like the Kelley baby is in no rush though.

From the Books:

Your baby is now considered "full term," even though your due date is three weeks away. If you go into labor now, his lungs will likely be mature enough to fully adjust to life outside the womb. (Some babies need a bit more time, though. So if you're planning to have a repeat c-section, for example, your practitioner will schedule it for no earlier than 39 weeks unless there's a medical reason to intervene earlier.)

Your baby weighs 6 1/3 pounds and measures a bit over 19 inches, head to heel (like a stalk of Swiss chard). Many babies have a full head of hair at birth, with locks from 1/2 inch to 1 1/2 inches long. But don't be surprised if your baby's hair isn't the same color as yours. Dark-haired couples are sometimes thrown for a loop when their children come out as blonds or redheads, and fair-haired couples have been surprised by Elvis look-alikes. And then, of course, some babies sport only peach fuzz.


We went for out weekly visit on Tuesday and no change from last week. I had a feeling there would be no change, so I didn't have my hopes up too high. We've still got a couple of things to do this weekend and I'll be finishing up the nursery so I was OK with being pregnant for another week.

Now is also the time the baby is supposed to drop lower in my tummy and he/she seems to be taking their time with that. Below are two pics from when I was 35 weeks (left) and from 37 weeks (right). I don't see much of a "drop" and our doctor agreed with me. So needless to say I've been spending a lot of free time trying to talk the baby into moving into the right position...




I've actually been sleeping much better at night and drinking my weight in water so I'm feeling good still. We are VERY ready to meet the little bundle whenever he/she decides it's time though!

3 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Meredith said...

You look great! Here's hoping your little one makes an appearance soon!

Jax said...

I'm so excited for you! I hate that I have to wait for someone to update to know when your adorable bundle of joy is here! Please assign someone to the baby Kelley update for your Tulsa blogfriend! haha! :) (I realize you have other priorities, I'm just sayin...haha) You look adorable and I cant wait to see your newest addition in your arms! :)

Anonymous said...

Yay Belly pics!!
I can't wait to find out what you're having.
I want to come in June or July to visit, once you are kinda settled in to being parents! Miss you. Sorry I haven't been checking the blog regularly, days get away from me.

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus