Thursday, March 25, 2010

32 Weeks

What a great start to week 32! We went up to Chicago for our baby shower and it was great seeing everyone. We miss everyone so much and to see them all in the same place was great. I of course don't have pictures but the one below, so I will post them next week when my Mom sends them to me. It was such a great shower and my Mom and sister did a great job hosting it. Thank you!

Now on to the baby deets ~ WEEK 32:

By now, your baby weighs 3.75 pounds and is about 16.7 inches long, taking up a lot of space in your uterus. You're gaining about a pound a week and roughly half of that goes right to your baby. In fact, she'll gain a third to half of her birth weight during the next 7 weeks as she fattens up for survival outside the womb. She now has toenails, fingernails, and real hair (or at least respectable peach fuzz). Her skin is becoming soft and smooth as she plumps up in preparation for birth.

Below is my only picture from the shower and it's me with my four (pregnant) friends. I look very large and in charge in my dress but oh well. Also, typically when I'm not pregnant I gain weight in my face pretty quickly, so I was waiting for that to happen. It looks like week 32 was the week for the puffy face to begin. I was anticipating it to begin many weeks ago so I'm pleased it took this long.

On side note, I wore some maternity tights and they were super comfy. I pretty much had to wear them because it SNOWED all day Saturday. I know! I can't believe it either, it's March for crying out loud...


Things are under way now with the nursery and I hope to have it done in the next couple of weeks. I'm also on the look out for a diaper bag, so if anyone has any suggestions of a great bag let me know!

5 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Jax said...

My friends fell in LOVE with some diaper bag from Pottery Barn Kids... I dunno.. but they all have one.. *shrugs* Anyway, you look adorable and yay for a fun shower!!

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Ohh you totally look adorable and DO NOT have a fat face at all!

I have a pottery barn diaper bag (kind of a fun polka-dot tote)...and also a nice solid brown one from babys r us (and definitely not super baby'ish)--what I like about it is it has insulated pockets for drinks and such on the side (bottles, etc)...its really neutral so the hubby's wont mind it!

Nicole said...

awww how cute are you and all your preggo friends!? The dress is adorable cant wait to see all the other pics =D

Our Happy Married Life... said...

congrats on all the excitement in your life. I haven't been to your blog in awhile so I had to catch up! Love the house!!! I feel like I just read on your blog that you were prego and now you are 33 weeks! I'm sure time hasn't flown for you but... :)

JNFin said...

How cuteness! I love all the bellies . . .if only we could have had one more there ;)!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus