Monday, March 15, 2010

31 Weeks

Time is flying! The house is coming along. GK is doing a great job of unpacking most of the boxes (since I can't really bend over that easily or lift things) and I'm starting to work on organizing all of it. We still need a ton of furniture but that will come slowly I'm sure.

Now on to the baby deets:

WEEK 31!

From the books:

This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy.

To say our baby is moving a LOT is an understatement. It's all day and night. I'm hoping this child learns how to relax and sleep more by the time he/she arrives or we're in trouble. We've been able to see the baby move from the outside for almost 6 weeks now and he/she is not slowing down.

My bladder is the size of a peanut again so I'm going to the bathroom ALL THE TIME now too. A problem that has occurred is deciding if I should go in the middle of the night or not anymore. If I do get up, I wake up the baby and the movement begins for a good 45 min. If I don't go then I'm REALLY uncomfortable. So you see the problem I'm having. Either way, Mama's not getting much sleep these days! Overall I love all the movement. It gives me much peace of mind that our little (big) bean is healthy and happy in there.

We also bought a new car this week (Yes, it does seem that money grows on trees down in Texas ~ at least the way we're spending it)! The image below is of me in front of the new car. We were on our way to dinner with some friends, so it was dark and you can't really see the car much. It's a Nissan Murano and we really like it. It has much more space than our current car so it's now our new "family" car!



I also thought I'd post some pictures through the weeks. The below pictures are from (L-R) 13 weeks, 16 weeks and 31 weeks.


1 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Valerie said...

Looking great Lindsey! I too have the pregnancy peeing problem. My toilet paper budget is out of control! I drink up early in the day and stop drinking any fluids after 8pm. It really helps. Look forward to seeing you this weekend!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus