Monday, February 15, 2010

Tidbits

  • I know that I would be in the cold weather anyway if I was still in Chicago, but it's been really cold here in Dallas too! Not negative numbers like Chicago, but in the 30's...for many days now. I'm thankful that I'm pregnant right now so my body temperature is higher than normal and that's helping me. I've been wearing my HUGE winter jacket too and get many looks from the locals here - it's also the only jacket I can still zip. I've determined it's not because they've never seen a jacket that size, but that they are just jealous and want a jacket that size.

  • My obsession with the Olympics has returned full force. Only this time I cry about three times a day watching it because of my hormones. GK loves watching them with me when I'm like this.

  • I've finally found some bedding for the nursery that we like (and it doesn't cost $400)! This is a big step for me people. I've been looking forever and there is not much cute stuff out there for a surprise baby that is cute. All the really cute stuff is gender specific for the most part. We also were able to pick out a crib color we like. Now were just trying to decide if we get a convertible crib (that we can use for the toddler bed, full size headboard, etc) or a regular crib. Anyone have any thoughts on convertible cribs vs. regular cribs?

  • We also started to register (at Buy Buy Baby)! It was really fun for GK and I to do. We're doing it in spurts so we're not done yet, but at least we started it. We're going back tonight to do some more.

  • We saw two good movies this weekend Valentine's Day and Crazy Heart. I recommend them both but GK may only recommend Crazy Heart.

  • GK and I are not big on Valentine's Day. We actually don't really talk about it until that weekend. We were so late this year that we had to eat dinner at 5pm yesterday since that was the only reservation open. It worked out well though because we went to a movie afterwards. I must note too that it's hard to get a present or even a card for a person that you're always with. Hence why this year we didn't do cards. Oh well, maybe next year ~ since I'm sure it will be easier to go out and celebrate when we have an 8th month old at home right???

4 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Meredith said...

Show us the bedding!!!

Jax said...

Happy Vday! :) We saw Valentines Day, too.. Cheesy and perfect.. just like I wanted.. haha! :) I heard Julia Roberts got 3 mil for doing her 6 minutes in the movie. Wouldnt that be awesome.. haha.. Just saying.. Show us the bedding!!! And yeah, I'm over this 30 degree crap going on outside. Bring me spring!!!!

Llama said...

I second the bedding!!!!!
You are lucky that little belly is keeping you warm...I wish my little belly did that too...maybe its the baby inside that works the magic...haha! :)

Anonymous said...

Alot of the cribs are convertible now so we just went with them- whether we end up using it as a bed down the road or not, we'll see.
Um, any pics of the bedding?!?!?!?! I wanna see it, and your belly! My 35 week along ass won't zip up in any of my coats- I've taken to wearing Mikes- and some of them are snug!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus