We had such a great time in Dallas this weekend. The weather was nice on Friday and Saturday so that was an added plus. Our friends Nicole and Andrew were there too from San Francisco! The weekend went so fast, and I'm pretty sure we ate our way through Dallas, but we still had a blast! I of course only took one picture that I'll post later. Side Note: I think I'm having an allergic reaction to my camera. I just have no desire to take any pictures lately. I'm working on fixing that lately though so you can at least see some of the cool things we're doing lately. We didn't look at any houses this time around but we did narrow down some areas we're going to look at when we do finally get a Realtor.
One not cool thing about the week though, a special friend decided to show it's ugly face while in Dallas. Who's that friend you ask? It's my dear friend SHINGLES! Yes, SHINGLES. If you've ever had shingles before you know that it's very painful and a pain in the ass all at the same time. I had shingles last summer on my head. Yes, you read that right. I'VE HAD THEM BEFORE AND THEY WERE ON MY HEAD! When the doctor told me I had it, I broke down crying because I thought only grandparents got Shingles. Nope, not true my friends, people of all ages get them.
What I've been told is that the Chicken Pox virus stays in your system for the rest of your life. Then when you least expect it, it comes back with a vengeance as Shingles. The only way shingles is contagious is if you've never had chicken pox and you touch the area where the Shingles are located (by the way my Shingles are not as gross as the pictures on the Internet, I only have about 10 bumps that look like mosquito bites). It is mostly brought on by stress. I guess the move to Texas - and other things going on - is more stressful on my body then I thought. Thankfully I was able to call my doctor in Chicago and she called in a prescription for me. So yes, I self diagnosed it. Sometimes you have to take matters into your own hands. I just can't believe it was my first vacation in four months and that jerk Shingles had to show up? The audacity!
5 years ago




4 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:
What areas have you narrowed it down to? When are you going to hire a realtor?
If you need any suggestions, let me know...a few of our friends parents are realtors in Dallas!
First, I cant believe we were both in Dallas this weekend! :) And second, I get shingles too! And NO, I'm really not kidding. I got them on my chin and no one knew what was going on.. It was HORRIBLE. I really do feel ya, girl. I hope it goes away as quickly as it likely came. I read somewhere that popping vitamin C when you're going through a stressful sitch can help.. I've done it and havent had an issue in a LONG.TIME. (knock on wood) :)
Geez, what stress could it be? Also, it's not an allergic reaction to the camera, it happens along with all the other fun stuff in your brain...
Oh no Shingles?! Ouch!! Hope you're better!
Post a Comment