Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sorry about this random post, but I had to add my two cents.

I'm still not a fan of Michael Vick. It seems like he really is trying to change (You can read his
apology here), but thinking of the dogs he hurt and killed just makes me want to cry. Why are we supposed to believe him now?

I'm a pretty positive person and I've been trying to find the good in the situation, so I look at it like he's a reformed gang member. The many people out there that are just like him. That went to jail and came out a "reformed" person. They work in their communities to mentor the young, and actually make a difference. So that being said, the ONLY positive I can see with this situation is if he does in fact reach out to the kids/adults that are currently holding dog fights. If he can get them to change, and to stop the dog fighting, then that is the ONE and only good thing that will come of it. He needs to go to the actual communities to talk to people face to face, not on TV. I know he was in Chicago last week doing that and he needs to continue it. I'm not sure he can do much of that while playing football, but we'll see.

In the end it will take time, but right now I'm still not a fan and I'm not sure I'll ever be one. He needs to stick to his word. I just hope the people that are doing the dog fighting right now listen to him.

OK, I'm going to get off my soapbox now and return to normal life...

3 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Gwen said...

I agree. Why should he be given a second chance. The dogs weren't. People that hurt children and animals should never be allowed to see the light of day again. Children & animals can't defend themselves. It makes me sick. Okay...I'm off my soapbox now too. :) XOXO

Jax said...

I so agree... There's nothing that makes me sicker than behavior like his... I was on a work trip and saw on the news in STL they'd raided the largest dog fighting ring in the country and I got so upset, I almost vomited. People like that are just disgusting.

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

Ick. He lost me a long time ago.

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus