Friday, June 26, 2009

Friday Tidbits

  • I can't believe that Michael Jackson died! I loved him (including owning my own giant Michael pin when I was younger). So sad. I feel bad for his kids who seem to think of him as a dad and a best friend. So sad. My favorite song is Billy Jean and Man in the Mirror I think. It's hard to pick just one.

  • I just started watching True Blood. I am about half way through the first episode but I can already tell I'm going to love it. I was worried I would hate it after how much I loved the Twilight series, but I think that feeling has passed. I was also waiting to watch it so I could read the series first, but if you've been reading this blog a while, you know that I've decided that I hate seeing a movie after I read the book. So I had no excuse and I'm so happy that I moved passed my issues.

  • What's with all the stupid politicians? These govenors and senators (ahem Illinois, New York, South Carolina, etc) are really giving that position a bad rap. They are pretty dumb to think that they won't get caught doing all this crap

  • Still sad about Michael Jackson.

  • It's has been beautiful weather here this week! This may be the first time I'm actually not bitching about the weather on this blog. I hope it continues for the next couple of months. I've been trying to take the dog on some long walks at night and staying outside as much as I can while it is nice. I love this time of year!

  • GK has two free nights at a hotel that we have to use by September. Anyone have any ideas of a good place to go? I was thinking maybe New York or Vancouver, but any ideas of places you think we're missing out on would be awesome to hear!

3 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Inviting Company said...

true blood...yes addicting...my personal fav michael song must be Thriller or Rock with You. Your right, too many favorites to choose from.

Megan said...

I vote going to NY! I haven't watched True Blood, but heard it's good--maybe i'll jump on the bandwagon!

Bri said...

It is SO HARD for me to pick a favorite Michael Jackson song! He will be remembered for his talent, rather than his scandals - I feel like a part of my childhood died with him!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus