After that we decided "since we're out, may as well go ALL out" so we then went to the basement of Hub 51, which is called Sub 51 (creative name right?). Now that was a good move on our part. To make the night even more interesting, right after we got there some Bears players showed up to bring the party to a whole new level. Man, could that crowd DRINK. I stared, gawked, and whispered to my group all about them - and that was in the first five minutes. Here is a couple of my many observations of the night:
- A certain NEW Bears player that is the talk of the town (one hint he's our new quarterback) was there. Granted, he's MUCH cuter than our old QB, but I think he needs a better hair cut. I was not a fan. The guy has not even played in Chicago yet and he was being SWARMED by people - guys and girls - it was pretty crazy. I've heard he goes out a lot so I'm sure if you go out in Chicago in the next few months you'll probably see him.
- The entire group was dressed very nice and looked like they just came from an event. I on the other hand was dress like I just went to Church. NOT COOL. I would have looked much nicer if we had planned at any point before we went out to go to this place, but we didn't so I was very unprepared with my attire. I think in the end though it made me have a much better time because I didn't give a crap what I looked like and I had even more fun.
At one point in the night, I was minding my own business at our table (SIDE NOTE: When a celebrity of any status is around me, it's not like me to mind my own business. I usually try to get near them at some point to stare and say some dumb comment to them. I'm not afraid to admit it). Anyway, I was SERIOUSLY minding my own business, when a member of "the party" comes and sits RIGHT next to me with his gf (it was more of a face plant on the couch, but whatever). I don't want to name any names (ahem...his first name starts with G and last name ends in Olsen). The poor girl that was with him had to run and get him some water. I'm pretty sure that he was either contemplating puking on my shoes or passing out right there. As he sits/crashes down, my eyes popped out of my head trying to get GK, K and McD's attention without saying anything, so they could witness what was happening. While he was sitting there... I. DID. NOTHING. That's right, I swayed to the music, drank my drink and pretended that he was not there! You have NO idea how hard it was for me not to talk his ear off about a million topics, but I felt so bad for him. I mean the guy was in a world of hurt and was trying to sneak off to take a moment away from his drunk friends. That is so not like me. If a player of celebrity comes and sits by me, I would have normally talked his ear off...let's be honest it doesn't have to be a celebrity, I would have talked anyone's ear off. I'm pretty proud of myself. I guess it payed off for me to pour only sprite in half my drinks :)




0 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:
Post a Comment