I am so happy that it is Friday! The weather is crap today, of course, but I'm trying to stay positive. I went to some great new places in the city last night though, I had to start the weekend a little early :)
First I went to the grand opening of a great new bar last night called The District (LaSalle and Ontario). It had so many flat screen TV's that it was hard to find any open space on the wall that didn't have a TV on it! The drinks were free last night, so not sure what the pricing is on that on a normal basis, but you can be sure I'll be going back!
After The District, I went and met some other friends at a place called The Chicago Illuminating Company in the south loop. The event was actually the wrap party for a show on the Speed Network called Bull Run. To be honest, I've never watched The Speed Network, or this show in my life, but from what I saw it looks like a reality show for men that like cars :) The Chicago Illuminating Company is a very cool space though, and I highly recommend you look into if you're planning a wedding in Chicago or a special event.
By 9:00pm last night we were starving and it just so happened that GK just got home so he met us out at a local bar for some much needed burgers and fries, and the watch the end of the Bulls and Hawks games. GO BULLS!!!
Ugh, did I mention that I'M REALLY HAPPY IT'S FRIDAY!!!
5 years ago




0 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:
Post a Comment