Friday, April 24, 2009

Nashville Part 1

We had such a great girls trip this past weekend to Nashville. That city treated us so well and I can't wait to go back soon!

Friday we toured the Grand Ole Opry then headed out for a night on the town at many of the different 2nd ave and Broadway bars - that area is SO fun by the way.
Saturday afternoon we took a bus tour with Tommy Tours and it was hilarious. I have to say I was kind of worried when we got on the bus and it seemed that the average age was 50 plus - no joke - but the bus driver was very entertaining and turns out the nice biker couples from Wisconsin drank more than we did! Plus we got to see all the stars homes, but I'll post those another time. Saturday night we headed back to the Grand Ole Opry to see the early show with Rascal Flatts and Buddy Jewel - it was awesome!

Here are some key things I learned on our trip (girls let me know if I'm missing any):

  • As a group our favorite food is Pizza - SERIOUSLY!
  • Tootsie's ROCKS!!!
  • Buddy Guy does in fact own the Buddy Guy's restaurant.
  • Some girls like the pickle some girls don't.
  • Don't go to The Grand Ole Opry thinking you'll see a full on concert - believe it or not it's ACTUALLY a live show on the radio (who would have thunk it)! By the way, it's the Grand Ole Opry not the Grand OLD Opry.
  • It's nice to know that two of us girls still fit in one seat belt.
  • We can still nap like we did in college - except this time we took the nap before we even started drinking not after.
  • They play other types of music in Nashville - believe me it's not all country all the time.
  • If you don't usually wear heels, then maybe you should not where them to go out and walk around on uneven sidewalks while drinking - I'm just saying...

Here are a few pictures. I only had my camera one night so I'll have to post other people's pics on another post.









1 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Her name was Lola... said...

Wow it looks like you had an awesome time! I'm a little jealous!!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus