Friday, February 27, 2009

Friday Tidbits

  • Guess what I got in the mail today??? The drivers license I lost on New Years Eve! Some very nice lady in small town Arizona mailed it back to me. GK thinks I should send a thank you note and I don't really know if I should, what do you think? She did waste a stamp on me...

  • I just realized that my grocery savings card, electric bill and home owners insurance are still in my maiden name. We've been married for 2 1/2 years and I JUST NOTICED THIS! The people at the grocery store even say my maiden name every time I'm there and I still JUST NOTICED.

  • It was 60 degrees and sunny, then thunderstormed, then flooded, then snowed all within 24 hours yesterday. Gotta love Midwestern weather.

  • I got another mole removed yesterday. This time MAYBE I shouldn't take the doctor so literally and visit the gym at least once in the next two weeks while it heals. Maybe.

  • For some reason Blogger took it upon themselves to change my "followers" link on the side of my blog and I think it's really ugly now. I love my followers, the more the merrier actually (I love to read all of your blogs too), but they should have asked me before they changed my format don't you think? Did this happen to anyone else or is it just me?

Happy Friday!!!

5 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

MAR said...

Send a thank you note! People love getting mail. Well, at least I do... That's awesome that she even sent it back! =)Hope you are doing great!
Melissa

KLC said...

I would definitely send a thank you note. A little thanks goes a long way to brighten someone's day!

Anonymous said...

-I agree, sent the thank you- she could have sold it to some 18 year old as a fake but chose to do the right thing.
-Cracking up over the last name thing, especially that people were calling you Rue and you just noticed.
-Um, the weather is driving me nuts!
-I don't have a followers thing up really so I never noticed yours, I think it's kinda cute.

Angie said...

I'd send a thanks also...she needs to know that you appreciate what she did for you.

I don't think your followers thing looks that different, it just has the box around it now.

Anonymous said...

That was nice of that lady to return your license. Yes, you should send a thank you note.
Mom

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus