Monday, January 19, 2009

I Pledge...

Please watch the below video before you read any further (takes about 5 minutes and I don't know how to load the actual video to this blog - damn blogger).


This video will be shown to President Obama tomorrow so he knows people are doing their part to make some changes as well.

So, here are my pledges:
  1. I pledge to continue to volunteer monthly at PAWS to help, and play, with those little pups and kitties while they wait for their new owners to show up - I also pledge to not bring home one of those little kitties.
  2. I pledge to continue to turn off all the lights and TV if I leave a room - and to follow my husband around and turn them off after him as well until he gets the idea.
  3. I pledge to get a cleaning lady - so I have more time with my husband and dog to hang out and enjoy life. This also helps the local business economy I might add.
  4. I pledge to help out my local bars and taverns in this tough time by continuing to show up and spend my paychecks on beer, wine and nachos.
  5. I pledge to take more public transportation and less cabs or driving - pending the outside temp is higher then -10. Otherwise I'm not going anywhere!
  6. I pledge to continue to find the humor in most things and continue to look at the glass as half full (it gets kind of hard to do that in these economic times).
This of course is an ongoing list and I'm sure I'll add more as time goes on.

What do you pledge?

1 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Anonymous said...

Can you come up with some pledges for me? I don't have the brain power today. Good idea, though!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus