Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to the grind

It's really hard to get back into the swing of things after our trip to Arizona. We did work a few days there, but it's so much different then waking up, getting on the bus and going to an actual office. I think it's even more difficult when business is slow - like it is for me right now.

We had a great trip to Arizona and the weather was awesome the second week we were there. New Years Eve was so much fun, I'll post some pictures tonight for everyone to see. Minus the little mishap with my license - mishap meaning I have no clue where it is - it was a great night (a special thanks to Terri the best neighbor in the world for sending me my passport)! The boys did a lot of golfing and Nicole, Mom and I did a great spa day at The Four Seasons Spa.

I did realize a few things while I was away:

1. I'm now a newly self declared hockey fan. I'm pretty sure it's because the Blackhawks are finally good again and because we went to a Phoenix Coyotes game last week, but I think it's a great sport to watch. Granted, I still don't know the rules - but they have a "Hockey for Dummies" book don't' they? So if anyone wants to join GK and I in a few Hawks games this season then let me know!

2. It's finally time to get back into the gym. This is honestly the first New Years in years that I have said this. The last couple of years I've been doing great at going multiple times a week, but ever since I ran my most recent half marathon in a HURRICANE this past September, I've really been slacking at it. To add to it, last month I got a mole removed and the nurse told me "don't work out too hard or you may stretch the scar". Well, in my head the exact words I heard her say were "don't work out even a little bit - just sit on the couch and eat potato chips and cookies for the next three weeks" - so I did. So to make a short story long, if you need me from the hour of 7am-8am every morning I'll be downstairs in my buildings gym...starting tomorrow.

Happy First Monday of 2009!

I'm off to the DMV now to get a new license AND ID card :)

1 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Happy New Year! Thanks for the feedback on my blog about cross training. And good luck with your running this year!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus