Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Making Good on a Deal...

Let me preface this post by saying about four years ago we made a pact with McD that we would try at least one new place a weekend. Well, in the last four years we’ve only really gone to maybe five new places together. So this weekend was great and even though McD was not with us on Friday, we can now add a sixth and seventh to our list!

Friday we met up with the self proclaimed “Undercover Beer Connoisseur” (aka our friend Becky) and some of her friends. Becky works for a beer distributor in the suburbs and she has a much better knowledge of beer then GK and I combined. To be honest, we are not setting the bar high in this category since I usually try to find the beer “that tastes the most like Bud Light”. I know what you’re thinking “Bud Light has no taste” but whatever you get the point. ANYWAY, we went to this great place Becky knows called the Map Room in Bucktown. It was a great place with a ton of beers from all over the world– the majority I could not even pronounce - and had a great time as usual. We’ve not seen each other in WAY too long, but once we hung out again it felt like no time at all.


Not sure what is going on with my face in this photo. Also for the record all of the glasses on the table are not ours, I promise.

Saturday we went to another great new place called Wilde, on Broadway and Roscoe in Boystown. We met up with our friend Terri along with McD and had a really good dinner. Before we got there, I figured it would be like any other sports bar we typically go to but on the inside it was very much like an Irish Pub. I have to give props to my hubby for finding the place and I’m sure we’ll be going back. I didn't get any pictures, but you can imagine how much fun we had :)

Great weekend all around!

0 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus