Monday, October 27, 2008

A Good Read...

I borrowed a book called Twilight from my friend yesterday for our trip home from San Francisco (more on the trip later). She went into great detail of how “this was her favorite book” and it’s a series and I would really like it and so on. So I listened to her and took it home with me. Now for those of you that know me, and have traveled with me, know that I need at least one magazine on a trip (and they aren’t your high class knowledgeable magazines either, they are the “craptastic” gossip rags that I’ve loved for years – don’t judge). We had a stop over at LAX so I picked up a magazine just in case she was wrong about how awesome this book really was.

I started to read the book when we took off and before I knew it I had been reading for three hours straight! I didn’t eat anything, I didn’t try to watch the movie, and I even got annoyed when the guy next to me was ordering his “boxed dinner” from the flight attendant because he was being really loud. I was so engrossed with this book my own husband even took notice that I didn’t bug him as much as usual and he could work on his computer in peace most of the flight. To be honest, in our little family of two, it's a common occurance for GK to be reading a giant book, on just about any topic, while I can watch TV all day everyday if possible. That's just how it is, he's more of the book reader and I like mindless television. So the fact that I was sitting still for over three hours, and NOT TALKING, is a good sign the book is pretty great!

So to make what was supposed to be a short post long, I fully agree and am now telling everyone they need to read the book. Thanks Nic for the great pick and I can't wait to finish the first and start the second!




3 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Angie said...

Good for you Lou! I feel Greg's pain! I spent many years sitting next to you, trying to read my own book. He should just be happy that you don't bring your cabbage patch doll anymore. "Angie won't talk to us, she thinks we're bugging her"

Kelly has been reading the whole Twilight series, so I get an indepth update every week.

Anonymous said...

I've been dying to read these books. I've heard they are great.
How was San Fran?

Dusty @AllThingsG+D said...

Hi! Thanks for the comment on my blog--so happy to hear you also love Twilight! Enjoy reading the rest of the series-it's SO GOOD!! =)

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus