Thursday, October 21, 2010

5 Months!

Baby Ethan you are five months old! This post is a few days late but we were out of town again so I could not write it until now.
You have grown up so much in the last month, it's crazy. You amaze your Daddy and I on a daily basis. You are such a happy baby and are all smiles most of the day. You still have your moments when you REALLY want food or REALLY don't want to sleep but those moments are becoming less and less each day.

You went on TWO trips this month. At the beginning of the month you made your first trip to Chicago and at the end of the month we went to Indianapolis. You were such a good boy on all four of the plane rides. To date you have now been to Texas, Nevada, California, Arizona, Indiana and Illinois - and you're only five months old!
You got to meet some more of your future friends this month too (Landon, Peyton, Simon, Leah, Noah and Camille) on all the trips we've taken. You LOVE being around other babies. We also go to playdates about once a week and you're really beginning to enjoy watching the other kids. You've just started to try to grab the other kids too, just to check them out and see if they are real or not.
Speaking of grabbing, you love to grab at our faces now - especially if we're wearing glasses. You like to grab them and put them directly in your mouth. Pretty much EVERYTHING goes in your mouth these days. Your hands (both at the same time),feet, all toys and sometimes even the dog if she lets you - all go straight into the mouth.

You got to see, and in some cases meet, a lot of family this month too. You love being with family and don't really notice that we're gone in most cases!
You also started going to a baby sitters three times a week while Mommy works. You seem to love it and love being around all the other kids too.

We took you to the pumpkin patch for the first time this month. You just looked around from your stroller, but I'm sure next year will be very different and we'll be chasing you around!

Grace seems to be your new entertainment now - I was wondering when this was going to happen. You sit and watch her so intently, it's adorable. I do sit with you so you can pet her until she runs away but for the most part you really just like watching her. I'm sure as time goes on you two will be the best of friends!
Baby boy you laughed for the first time this month and it was music to our ears! I can make you laugh occasionally but your real belly laughs happen when you and your Daddy are hanging out. You LOVE hanging out with your Daddy.
You smile at him when he comes home and turn your head when he talks or walks in the room. You are looking more and more like your Daddy, but your eyes are still blue like your Mommy!
You're sleeping much better these days. You take two to three naps a day and only wake up once a night for your paci. You still love the paci but I'm sure you'll grow out of it soon (we hope)!

But you are on the move little guy, I'm sure you'll be crawling before we know it. When I lay you on your blanket you roll all over the place and scoot across the room to get to a toy you have your eye on. You don't seem to stay in one spot for very long. We're working on sitting up but you still need some help with that. You are also a bit of a chatter box too. You ohhh and ahhh to all your toys and especially when we're in the car. I think you like to tell Mommy about your day.

We also tried out some Rice Cereal this month. You can't seem to get the point of a spoon though so most of the food ends up on your mouth, nose and bib. We're going to keep working on it though because I know you'll start to enjoy it soon - I like to tell you a spoon is WAY cooler than a bottle but you still don't believe me.

We love you little boy and we can't believe how fast time is going. Each day with you is just as amazing as the last. We love you so much!

0 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus