Thursday, June 11, 2009

I've come to the conclusion that I HATE reading books and then seeing the movie. Lately I've been trying to read the book first, if I know the movie is coming out, and I've realized that I just simply can't do that anymore. Yes, I do know more of the plot than most people would if they don't read the book, but I also know the end of the movie before it happens. Heaven forbid that they change the storyline (which they usually do) when they write the screenplay from the book or leave out a ton of details to cut the movie length down (read: Twilight) ~ that just makes me mad. I know that most of you probably enjoy reading the book beforehand, but I can't do it. I read Revolutionary Road a couple of months ago and tried to watch the movie last night and only got about 10 minutes into it before I had to turn it off. What's the point in seeing the movie if I know what happens???

I was holding out on watching True Blood so I could read all the books first, but I can't wait any longer. Heck, if this crummy weather keeps up this weekend I may just have a True Blood Marathon :)

3 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Addict said...

I know what you mean. I heard they changed the ending of My Sister's Keeper which is the worst because I was so excited and now im scared they'll ruin it...
Is True Blood any good? I havn't tried it since it felt like a knockoff twilight but it did come out before the twilight movies so I guess its the original?

New Girl on Post said...

I hadn't read Revolutionary Road yet, even though I own the book, but I saw the movie the other day and HATED it!

Meredith said...

See, I'm the opposite...I ONLY like to see books that are now movies after reading the book first. I can watch the movie after I read the book, but I CANNOT read the book after watching the movie, 'cause then I already have the characters pictured in my mind from the movie.

Also, I kinda liked True Blood, even though there's TONS of sex, and I will be ticked if they change the ending to My Sister's Keeper in the movie.

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus