Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Bonus Day

This may be the first time EVER that a trip for my husband or myself has been cancelled due to bad weather happening some place other then Chicago! GK was supposed to go to Dallas today, but his trip got cancelled due to the ice storms in Texas. I feel bad for Texas, and the rest of the US that is not prepared for storms like this, they royally suck. BUT I'm pretty happy he's going to be home tonight and I like to think of it as a "Bonus Day"! Since I'm leaving on Thursday night for Florida (with my friend Jessica and her cute as a button little girl Peyton) and he was supposed to get back on Thursday, we were going to miss each other and be apart for a full week. So you see, in my mind tonight and tomorrow night is like a "bonus" for me and Grace with him.


I do have to say Grace is going to be kind of pissed at GK when he returns home tonight. He put her through a lot of emotions last night when he brought his suite case out and started to pack, and even more when he had the nerve to leave her home while still taking the suite case with him. I think she hates our suite cases even more then when we make her go outside in the -10 degree weather to go potty while we, (Read: mainly me), yell at her to "hurry up it's frickin freezing out here". She hates that too.

I wonder what she's going to do when I start to pack tomorrow...

1 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Angie said...

Finally someone else is getting the crap we usually have to deal with. I talked to Alaska Jon last night, he is up in northern Alaska working, and the temp is -81 without the windchill! Why on earth would anyone want to be there?

Enjoy your bonus days with Greg. Gracie will probably not know what the hell is going on with you guys!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus