You see even though I'd make them go on countless horseback rides, I get very nervous that the horse will bite or kick me (have you seen the size of teeth horses have lately? You'd be a bit nervous too!). GK was not scared or nervous at all and I have to admit there were a couple times that I made him take over walking, grooming or just standing with my horse because it was giving me a look like it wanted to use my finger like a chew toy (this was my active imagination working hard) :) In all honesty, the horses were very friendly and we got to learn all of their different, unique personalities by the end of the day - which was really fun.
It was so much fun and a great birthday gift that we could all do together!
The family sitting in the circle waiting for Dyane (the owner) to gather up the horses for us.
GK walking with the youngest horse to the center of the ring. This horse is still pretty young so he was mostly interested in the treats Dyane was handing out.
Angie and Dad watching the horse use our chairs as chew toys.
Me riding "Big Black"
Mom riding with the mountains in the background
Angie riding and Dad trying to get her to stop and "pose" for a picture (easier said then done I must say)!
Dad riding
This is the horses after we put them back in their pen - they were pretty happy to get rid of us I think.




1 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:
That was fun, and much better then some of those trail rides you have made us go on! I emailed you a picture of Gregs back rub. We also have pictures of the hugs you and mom got, which is on mom's computer if you want them. Wasn't the horse named Blackjack?
Post a Comment