Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Did you know that the largest land fill is not actually IN the ground? It is actually in THE PACIFIC OCEAN!!! It reaches from California almost to Japan and is 90ft deep in some spots! I learned that on Oprah today. I learn a lot of my daily news from Oprah, and yes I do believe everything she says ~ She rocks!

HAPPY EARTH DAY!!!

I remember once in sixth grade my friends and I were so worked up about our school using Styrofoam plates in the lunch room that we handed out paper plates to all of our classmates to use that day. I'm not sure we made a difference, and I'm pretty sure they continued to use Styrofoam after that, but at least I can say I did something at one time.

I will be purchasing my re-usable grocery bags today for my future grocery shopping trips. I know I said I wanted to do that in January, but better late than never right?

I'm still working on GK turning off the damn light in the bathroom, when he's not in there, so that is my other contribution to the Earth at this moment. I'd love to say I recycle, but my area of Chicago does have recycling in the home so maybe that will happen next year!

2 Thoughts for a Texas Gal...:

Megan said...

I definitely want to use more reusable bags..!

Anonymous said...

I only have one bag so far. Gotta get more!

 
Blog Template by suckmylolly.com : Header Image by Roctopus